SASSA Website Not Working: How to Determine Your Status
When you attempt to check the status of SASSA online, you may encounter an error on the SASSA website displaying “Error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate.”
If you encounter the “Error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate” while attempting to check your SASSA status, it indicates a potential issue with the SSL certificate verification process on the application or website you are using.
To troubleshoot this issue, you can follow these steps:
- Ensure your system’s date and time are accurate: Incorrect date and time settings can cause SSL certificate verification failures. Make sure your computer’s date and time settings are correct.
- Use a different web browser: Try accessing the SASSA status-checking website using a different web browser. Occasionally, browser-specific issues can lead to SSL certificate problems. Switching to a different browser might resolve the issue.
- Update your operating system and browser: Ensure that your operating system and web browser are up to date with the latest patches and updates. Outdated software can have compatibility issues with SSL certificates.
- Contact SASSA support: If the issue persists, it might be specific to the SASSA website or service. Reach out to SASSA support or their technical team to report the problem. They can provide further assistance or notify their IT department about the SSL certificate issue.
It’s worth noting that the SSL certificate problem typically lies with the server side, and as a user, you have limited actions to resolve it. The responsibility rests with the website or application owner to ensure their SSL certificate is configured correctly and recognized by trusted certificate authorities.
However, is there an alternative method to check SASSA’s status without using its website?
Checking SASSA Status using SMS
To check your SASSA status using SMS (Short Message Service), you can follow these steps:
- Open the messaging app on your mobile phone.
- Compose a new SMS message.
- In the recipient field, enter the SASSA SMS number. The specific number may vary based on your location and the type of assistance you are inquiring about. For example, the SASSA grants and assistance line is typically 083 900 6962.
- In the body’s message, type the keyword or code related to the status you want to check. The keyword can vary depending on the specific SASSA service or program you are enrolled in. For instance, if you want to check the status of your grant application, you might enter the keyword “STATUS” followed by your ID number. The format may look like STATUS [Your ID Number].
- Send the SMS message.
- Wait for the response from SASSA. They will usually provide information about the status of your request or application.
Please note that the precise instructions and keywords may differ based on your location and the specific SASSA service you are utilizing. It is recommended to consult the official SASSA website or contact their helpline to obtain accurate and up-to-date information on how to check your status via SMS.